All insect stages die through proteic and enzimatic coagulation. 100% Enviromentally Friendly Pest Control. Pest Control through Heat, 100% effective.
Heat treatments are 100% effective because the enzymes of insects denaturalize above 42º C. This causes the stop of all metabolic processes and of the biosynthesis and the insect dies. The results have been recently published by the Federal Environmental Agency in Berlin with laboratory assays that show the following results:
“A 30 minute exposure at 45º C or 10 minutes at 50º C is enough to eliminate all insect stages”
Especially designed to control pantry pests and bed bugs. Just one treatment is enough.
During treatment, pest hiding places are easily discovered; this allows the creation of more effective sanitizing programs.
No chemical exposure. Due to good air circulation it’s an economical alternative to fumigants or other control strategies. Insects can’t develop any kind of resistance to a heat treatment, unlike other control strategies (traditional chemicals and fumigants). Treated areas can be inspected while the heat treatment is being done.
1. All insect stages die through proteic and enzimatic coagulation.
2. 100% Enviromentally Friendly Pest Control. Pest Control through Heat, 100% effective
3. Especially designed to control pantry, pests and bed bugs. Just one treatment is enough.
4. During treatment, pest hiding places are easily discovered; this allows the creation of more effective sanitizing programs.
100% Effective, 100% Environmentally Friendly
Not only humans but many insect species use grain (seeds) and food products done with them and with cereals, as a fundamental part of their diet. An example of these insects are the weevils (Sitophilus spp), flour moths (Ephestia spp and Plodia spp) and the flour beetles (Tribolium spp), amongst many others.
Insects proliferate at temperatures between 15 and 35º C, but at temperatures above 45º C all the insects stages (including the eggs) die very quickly. Insects can’t reduce their body temperatures using respiration and transpiration. When exposed to this temperatures, insects will die due to enzymatic and protean coagulation.
Since the ancient times, heat has been used to control pests. Some new systems have been developed recently in order to achieve high temperatures in exteriors and introducing heat inside buildings and fabrics using special air conducts. This system shows many problems, especially because it’s difficult to ensure that all the areas inside the building/fabric are exposed to the desired lethal temperature (this can only be achieved by increasing the air temperature, which can harm electronic equipments, for example)
ThermoNox bases it’s success in the fact that we just must heat the air that surrounds the interior of the zone that is to be treated, and therefore, we don’t need to achieve very high temperatures to ensure that all insects stages are eliminated. ThemoNox heaters create an airflow inside the area where the treatment is being done, so we can ensure much less power consumption.
During treatment, temperature is controlled directly. We monitor each and every heater used during treatment and we can control automatically the temperature of the airflow, that’s why we can ensure big power savings while also being effective in controlling pest,s without needing to increase the temperature of the treated area to very high levels. We use heaters in a way that we can ensure that we achieve the right temperature. By using different heaters we can treat all areas, even cracks and crevices, holes, etc., where insects could try to find shelter.
Each heater has been designed in a way that heated air is transferred directly to the floor. This is a great advantage because insects that might be hiding inside machinery, conduct joints, electrical wire systems, etc., will try to escape to the floor running away from the heat. But they won’t be able to escape, they’ll also be eliminated on the floor.
We just need to heat the air in the area that’s going to be treated. Therefore power consumption is much lower when compared with other thermal treatments. By using different heaters, we are able to detect the cold spots/areas and direct heat directly to those zones. There’s no place for insects to hide.
Thermal treatment consists in:
- Heating phase. Insects thrive at temperatures between + 15 and + 35º C. At temperatures around 45º C we can eliminate all insect stages including larvae and eggs in just a few hours, due to protean and enzymatic coagulation. We start by heating slowly the air till we reach around 50 – 60º C. this way we avoid damaging machinery, structures, etc..By using mobile heaters we ensure a proper distribution of the temperature.
- Maintenance phase. Once we have reached the desired temperature (50 – 60º C) we will maintain it for around 10 – 40 hours. This allows us to ensure that even the smaller crack or crevice is also treated. We can easily control the temperature using laser pistols used for temperature measuring. When a cold spot is detected, we simply redirect the airflow by moving the heaters. This way we can ensure that we reach the desired temperature even in areas that might be isolated due to the presence of furniture or machinery.
- Cooling phase. Once treatment has ended, heaters are turned off and the air, furniture, machinery, structure, etc., slowly recover their normal temperature. This way we avoid the damages that could be produced by a very quick change of the temperature in the treated area.
The advantages of using ThermoNox include:
1. Non toxic pest control strategy
2. Economical alternative since air is efficiently moved throughout the treated area.
3. Non disruptive. There’s no need to dismantle machinery, equipment, transport machinery. They just have to be empty.
4. There are no residues left once treatment has ended.
5. Since anyone can enter the treated areas during treatment, we can easily identify the areas where insects are hiding, and the existence of cracks or crevices in areas that are difficult to access. This can help establish more precise cleaning and maintenance protocols.
6. There’s no need to apply for any kind of previous official authorization when applying a heat treatment.
7. Insects CAN’T develop resistance to heat treatments.
8. All insect stages, egg, larvae, pupae and adults will die due to protean and enzymatic coagulation.
9. ThermoNox treatments are done in closed areas, there’s no need to post signs in the exterior alerting that a heat treatment is being done.
10. Anyone can enter and move around during a ThermoNox treatment. There’s no need to use any kind of special clothes or equipment.
11. Our customers normally use as a positive publicity the fact that they are controlling pests by using totally non toxic methods.
For more details on ThermoNox .