Used to hearing, if there are flies there’s nothing we can do to solve your problem? That’s not true. From small flies that can be very harmful in the food industry or in Hospitals, to big flies that can be just a nuisance or that can be a real sanitary problem. Flies can breed or feed in filthy areas so they can carry pathogens. They also can distract workers in areas where there’s a continuous pressure of flies. Protect your employees and your brand.
When approaching a fly problem normally we won’t find a silver bullet that will easily remove the pest from the infested facility. In many cases we will use a multiple strategy approach that will include some of the following:
- Thorough inspection. We have to find which kind of pest is infesting the area and if possible where is it breeding
- Through the use of diverse monitoring devices (traps, light traps, baits, etc.) we might use maps of your installation. We will review the captures of the different monitoring devices using, what we call our Tecnología para la Detección de Tendencias de las Plagas. This TDTP is based on creating a coloured map, that will point the hot sports. Through the number of captured insects per unit and service, we can identify which areas show higher pest problems. Knowing this, the kind of pest and the area, we can develop control strategies that are based more in objective data than just in subjective criteria.
- Now we know the pest, the intensity of the infestation and the areas that are more affected. We can even compare the actual data with previous ones. We can now proceed to establish any proactive measure that can help us reduce or eliminate the infestation.
- Once implemented the measures that have been approved we will continue to monitor the area so we can evaluate the effectiveness of the measures that have been applied. Through the historic records we will have from your facility we can predict high activity seasons and therefore apply preventive measures. We can identify possible pest origins even outside the area so we can work better outside preventively than inside reactively.
Our coloured maps will be always just available for you. They are easy to understand and easy to use, but also they’ll have a clear explanation of what’s been seen and why we recommend the measures that we will include in the report that will follow. Ask today for our PTDT system-
There are different possibilities to control a fly problem. Normally we won’t use just one but integrate diverse methods. Our fly control strategy is based on Integrated Pest Prevention. IPP stands for:
Integrated: We integrate different methods to control any fly pest
Pest: To do so we need to know which pest is affecting you, which is the area and which is the pest level we have to fight. We need to know the habits, the etology of the pest combined with the environmental conditions.
Prevention: This is a new approach in Pest Control, the action takes place before the pest is already a problem, we will be proactive not reactive to a pest problem.
We can implement the following control strategies:
- Sanitation. We have our BioControl (link to Biocontrol) program that will help you get rid of the areas where adults but also larva, feed and breed.
- Insect Light Traps. We can offer you a wide range of light traps that fit your needs. We can maintain those systems. If you wish we can implement our Tecnología para la Detección de Tendencias de las Plagas, TDTP. This system will help you identify hot spots and act when and where is needed, will also evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented measures, and will help you predict potential outbreaks of insects.
- Baits. The use of baits is still not widely used due to regulatory issues specially inside a facility. Anyhow we have special fly bait stations. This bait stations are designed to control flies and help us protect the bait and measure the effectiveness of the bait.
- Traps. Traps can be really effective if they are properly installed and maintained. It’s an environmentally friendly strategy to control large amounts of flies.
- Insecticide application. When needed we can use insecticides in different areas such as dumpsters, areas where trash is kept, “dirty areas” in the patios, etc.
- Biological Control. We have experts in Biological Control that can help you implement this control strategy, based on the use of predators, microbes or parasites. Totally environmentally friendly.
Don’t ignore the fly problems your facility has. We can take care of the problem. Flies can be a risk for human health and in food processing areas, for example. Don’t think there’s no solution, We have it for you.